VW Heritage Series – October 2015 – Englishtown Raceway Park
We came into the last points race of the season 7 points in the lead. The 2nd place points team was not able to make the race leaving us to battle the points with the 3rd place team who was 17 points behind us. We knew if we went out early we would have a hard time retaining the lead.
We qualified #2 having lost #1 Qualifier spot to a really quick FWD Water Cooled VW 5 cyl Golf! We managed to make it to the finals only to lose the final and WIN the VW Heritage Points Series A/Gas class championship!
A HUGE thanks is in order to quite a few people:
- Michelle – Jerry’s wonderful wife and supporter!
- Matt Slifer – Best Crew Chief and Better Friend! We could not have done it without your help!
- “Jersey” Joe Koenig owner of JK enterprises – Engine Builder and Tuner of “Backdraft” – Thanks for your support and sponsorship! 60 passes on the same Engine both 1/8th mile and 1/4 mile passes! An entire season without even touching the engine or trans!!! Unheard of in the Pro Mod / Pro Outlaw world of A/Gas!
- Paradise Motorsports – The Lauffer’s – Scott, Molly, Jason, Kris and their families have always been there for us no matter what! Your advice on Clutch setup was crucial this season! Thanks for always being there to bounce ideas off of ! Paradise also sponsors our other car “The Headhunter” Street Legal 9 second Bug!
- Ron Lummus Racing – The Rev6 dual clutch worked to perfection this season! Here’s to more seasons with the same outcome! Thanks for being there to help us dial in this set up!
- Turbos Direct – Mike and the gang – You’ve always helped us when needed and it’s very much appreciated!
- Dowco Enterprises – Sean Dowdle – One of the best tranny builders out there! Thanks for your support!
- Jerry Lewis Roofing, Inc. – The Title sponsor of the class and main sponsor of the car! The employees love being a part of this endeavor and travel to races and venues with us at times to enjoy the racing and displays!